The Community Foundation recognizes stewardship of the assets entrusted to us as one of our most important responsibilities. Our donors' trust in us is based on our ability to invest these resources prudently and to use the income produced in accordance with donor’s charitable wishes, today and in the future.
The responsibility for managing the Community Foundation’s investment portfolio is vested in the Board of Directors through its Finance Committee. This committee works closely with the Community Foundation’s investment consultant and staff to set policy, establish performance benchmarks and continually monitor the effectiveness of the Community Foundation’s portfolio. The Committee maintains a disciplined process, regardless of market fluctuations, to ensure the viability of the Community Foundation.
Community Foundation Fiscal Year 2016 Financial Highlights
- A total of $192.6 million in assets was reported as of March 31, 2016.
- 41 new funds* were formed.
- An average 8.1% annual return has been achieved on investments over the past 20 years.
- 2,756 grants totaling more than $11 million were awarded to nearly 1,100 nonprofit organizations.
* Includes Unrestricted, Donor-Advised, Designated, Field-of-Interest, Scholarship, and Agency Funds.
For further financial details, view our Annual Report
Investment PhilosophyInvestment Strategy & PerformanceInvestment Managers
Other Financial Information
Audited Financial Statements Most recent 990, a form filed annually with the IRS by public charities