Date and Time
This session will review concepts and approach for capturing planned gifts and developing an endowment. The skills reviewed in this session will be useful regardless of your nonprofit organization’s size or experience level. In addition, you will learn best practices from the Community Foundation and other organizations in the class to increase your chances of successfully developing planned gifts. Finally, you will leave the session with some useful takeaway documents to help you get started on implementing or refining your organization’s approach.
Thursday, September 14, 2023 | 1:00-3:00 PM est.
You will learn:
- What resources are available and how the Community Foundation can help
- Why planned giving and endowments are important to your organization, especially now
- How to tailor the approach to your organization
- How to work within your organization to develop a plan
- Skills for meeting with donors, including a role-playing exercise to practice asking for planned gifts
- Tom Griffith, Interim President & CEO; Vice President of Development, CNY Community Foundation
- Christine Woodcock Dettor, Esq., Bousquet Holstein PLLC
This is a FREE hybrid event, offering both in-person and virtual options to attend.
Virtual Attendee – Zoom login information will be sent via email 24-48 hours prior to the event date for all virtual ticket holders.
In-Person Attendee – For those choosing to attend in person, the event will take place in the second-floor community ballroom inside the CNY Philanthropy Center (431 E. Fayette Street, Syracuse NY, 13202). Doors open at 12:30 PM.