Date and Time
Tue, September 28, 202112:00pm - 1:15pm EST
Let’s Talk Philanthropy: A Three-Part Series*
Part 2: Flexibility Wins! Flexible Charitable Planning Strategies: Donor-Advised Funds, Charitable Remainder Trusts and Highly Appreciated Securities
For this Lunch & Learn, we welcome both professional advisors and donors!
One hour of Continuing Education Credit is approved for Certified Financial Planners (CFP) provided by FPA-CNY.
* You can attend one or all of the sessions. Each session is unique and does not build on previous sessions.
In this session we will:
- Go over scenarios of how individuals and families can benefit from Donor-Advised Funds and Charitable Remainder Trusts by using highly appreciated stocks and other complex assets
- Review Donor-Advised Funds (DAFs)
- How DAFs work to achieve charitable goals, provide tax benefits and make your giving easier
- What type of assets can and cannot be used to establish DAFs
- Private Foundations vs. DAFs
- Cover Charitable Remainder Trusts (CRTs)
- How CRTs work to create an income stream during your lifetime, defer gains on the sale of appreciated assets, and provide a charitable deduction
- How CRTs can be used as a part of a client’s estate plan to support heirs and provide future benefits to charity(ies)
- How CRTs can be a substitute for the stretch provisions of IRAs that were eliminated by The Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Enhancement (SECURE) Act enacted on December 20, 2019
Ray Grimaldi, CPA, PFS, CFP, AEP, CVA, Senior Counsel, The Bonadio Group
Marie Norkett, CFP®, Wealth Manager, Capital One Investing
Rob Scolaro, Esq., Scolaro Law, PLLC
This is a free, virtual event held via Zoom. Please click the button below to register via Zoom.
Many thanks to our CE sponsor, The Financial Planning Association of CNY.