The Central New York Community Foundation will be continuing its partnership with Resilia for a second year in an effort to strengthen nonprofit organizations led by and serving Black, Asian, Latino, Native American and LGBTQIA+ communities or people with disabilities.
Through this partnership, 25 Central New York nonprofits will have access to Resilia’s exclusive online platform. Resilia offers technology and 1:1 coaching to support effectiveness, creativity, and workflow in nonprofits across the country. The selected organizations will have access to a suite of on-demand tools and resources to support organizational growth and impact, which include:
- Online trainings and educational materials on fundraising, board management and more
- 40+ downloadable and customizable templates including a sample fundraiser plan, elevator pitch, bylaws template and 4-part strategic plan template among others
- 1:1 nonprofit coaching on core functions like fundraising, program management, storytelling, leadership development and board engagement
- Tools to capture program outputs, outcomes and impact narratives
- In-platform grants database of 60,000 grantmakers and 750,000 grant awards to support diversifying funds and increasing your mission’s impact
“The ongoing support and tools offered through the program will help our community’s vital organizations develop their boards, raise funds and tell stories that will help them have a greater impact with the populations they serve,” said Qiana Wiliams, program officer of community engagement at the Community Foundation.
This is the second year the Community Foundation has hosted a Resilia cohort.
“Resilia has helped us in regards to fundraising,” said Monu chief executive officer of Deaf New Americans Advocacy. “They helped us to write and review grant opportunities. We were given advice about our organization and how to find resources.”
The Community Foundation is also a member of Resilia’s flagship ELEVATE initiative, a national funders collaborative aimed at elevating the capacity and voices of grassroots organizations that are led by and/or serve communities that have been impacted by systemic racism or other bias. More information about Resilia’s Funder Program can be found here.
The Central New York Community Foundation is a public charity that turns community dollars into community change. Established in 1927, it receives contributions from donors, manages them to grow over time and then distributes funding to address the region’s greatest needs. The foundation has invested more than $250 million in community projects that benefit Central New York. It also serves as a civic leader, convener and sponsor of strategic initiatives that foster a thriving and equitable region and address the most critical issues of our time.